Is it better to rent or buy a home? It’s a question that most adults will ask themselves at one point or another. Before deciding which is the best option for you, consider the following factors.
There are several components to consider when deciding whether to rent or buy. Things like your personal situation, taxes, investment opportunities, financial stability and long-term goals all play a role in whether renting or buying is more beneficial. Continue reading “Rent or Buy? What to Consider” →
I want to take a step back from mortgage for a moment and talk about retirement. I’ve been talking to friends recently about retirement and what my wife and I have been doing to prepare for it. Our goal is to be retired-retired by 60 years old. I’m surprised to find out that some of them haven’t really given it a second thought. At our age, unless you’ve come into some sort of inheritance, I feel that saving for the future is imperative. The following article is a simple way to strategically save without significantly impairing your lifestyle now. The part about past, present, and future money had my wheels turning. Give it a read and let me know what you think. Also, if you are interested in consulting a professional to help you with your goals, I know the perfect people to refer you to. Give me a call.
How do I shop for my home loan?
It could be the most asked question I’ve had, but contrary to popular belief, shopping around for your interest rate is not the best way to ensure you get a great loan experience with competitive rates and fees. Instead I recommend you shop for your lender.
Here are a few things to consider:
- Get a referral- If you trust the referral, chances are you’ll trust the lender too.
- Know what are you looking for in a lender-
- Do you want a local company?
- Do you value someone you can meet with in person? fcide how you want to get to know your lender
- Do you want to sign digitally, or upload your documents online?
- What is your standard for communication?
- Reliability- pay attention to see if your lender does what they say they will do.
- Ask Around- If your referral is not enough, ask other clients of that lender how their experience was, or check online for reviews.
Check out my best advice for a great home loan experience every time.